Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Choices

Wow. So so so much stuff has happened already this year. Starting with New Years and that weird Jonas performance. But other than Jonas stuff..

Let's see, I went to a concert, OH WAIT THAT'S JONAS. I saw Alyssa, and a few other people. Man, so much planned for this summer too.

It's almost spring break and I can't help but wonder what I am doing sitting here, not planning things for spring break. Summer is jam-packed with friends coming, and working. It's just gonna be crazy. But I am so excited because a few of my best friends are coming. But for anyone reading this you need to know that my life is pretty boring. HA.

School is rough, but not so bad. People always think that drama is going to be like all up in highschool, when the truth of the matter is, drama actually simmers down freshman year.. which for me, I was so happy to have happen. In middle school we had SO MUCH drama. And not like interesting drama either, just like the annoying "NO I LIKE HIM" drama. I think the only drama I have had personally this year, is whether or not to take the AP Euro exam.. more not.

So, I saw my counselor or whatever a few weeks ago, and we talked abotu college and stuff.. and well, I decided that I want to go to NYU. NYU has an AMAZING medical program - if that's even what I decide to do with my life. At this point, I don't even know what color shoes I am wearing tomorrow.

Making choices in life are a huge part of a persons life in general, but how to make the right one is what matters. I remember last summer(??? I don't remember I am constantly trying to forget this memory all together -- thats why.) But anyways, when I went to the UCLA Acting For the Camera camp, I was slapped silly, and reminded why I hate UCLA. Well, for one thing, the dorms sucked... But back to my point: This man, one of the teachers, no I don't remember his name, nor do I want to, but he said this one thing that will always be burned into my head(maybe it was because when he said it he threw something across the room, or maybe because it was great, either way!) it was about acting, but not really. It was about life. What he said, and I remember writing it down in the notebook(OH YEAH, he did make us take notes, great ehhh? not so much.) But he said, "It's better to make a bad choice, than to make no choice at all." And whether or not he said it, or took it from someone else(illegally may I add), it doesn't matter.

Think about it. Ponder it.

Kay, you better have thought it over, cause it's QUIZ time.

1. You are in the middle of a football game yeah? And you are the quarterback.. and you have to make the call, all on you, no one else is gonna help you. Do you forfeit, or make a choice? You have ten seconds.
1..
2..
10.

Well, if you said forfeit, you aren't just a loser, but you're also stupid. A quarterback makes decisions, right there on the spot. If you are put in a situation in your life where you have to make quick decisions, you don't just forfeit the game(in this case, life)! NO! You make a decision, even if it's not the right one.

Now kids, this doesn't mean that you drink and drive and get yourself killed. I mean, use your common sense now people ;)

Outties!!

Ali

No comments: